The Immigration Division administers the Immigration Act 2012 and the Passport Act 2012. It is the Solomon Islands Government’s Division responsible for the enforcement of these immigration laws. The Division issues legal travel documents and permits to Solomon Islands citizens and foreign nationals in accordance with these laws and the Solomon Islands Government’s immigration policies. It is responsible for ensuring that people, who travel through Solomon Islands’ borders, do so legally.
To be the best facilitator of economic development through the Immigration Laws for non-citizens, citizens and partners.
We strive to provide effective and efficient services to both non-citizens and citizens by issuing legal travel documents and entry permits sustainably with up-to-date technologies in accordance with relevant acts, regulations, and Government policies. In doing so, we will continue to empower our officers and work closely with our stakeholders.
The Division’s core functions are:
- Issuing and renewal of passports and travel documents
- Issuing and renewal of permits and visas
- Enforcement of Solomon Islands immigration laws at the country’s borders.
- Inspection of foreign companies
- Raising public awareness of Solomon Islands’ immigration laws
- Monitoring of people granted permits and visas
- Deportation of foreign nationals that beach Solomon Islands’ immigration laws
Knowing more about the Immigration Division